Project Managers needed
This position manages staff and construction activities for pharmaceutical and/or land development projects. The project manager could lead 5-12 active and will have full responsibility for managing these funds to achieve project success. In this position, the ideal candidate will provide project management on assigned engineering capital projects including office and laboratory renovations, site development and improvements, lab planning and move coordination. Candidate will independently plan, coordinate and execute assigned projects, monitor work for compliance to applicable codes and standards, utilize project management guidelines and techniques to plan and effectively execute projects, identify critical activities to accomplish and formulate action plans, milestones and resource requirements, monitor project performance, and make necessary adjustments to ensure project stays on track. Candidate must be able to adapt to change quickly and positively, deal effectively with a variety of people and situations, appropriately adapt thinking or approach as the situation changes, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
· Coordinate assigned engineering capital projects and lead projects through all phases of project delivery including initiation, planning execution and close out.
· Create detailed and accurate project schedules and execute projects according to Client’s
Project Management Methodology.
· Achieve quality, schedule and budget on assigned projects.
· Maintain good working relationships with architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers and municipal authorities.
· Work closely with Client internal stakeholders; lab leads, EH&S, maintenance, engineering and/or site services.
· Must work closely with internal and external team members to ensure for a safe work environment of all projects and activities. Responsible for the performance of the contractors in providing a safe jobsite.
· Gains consensus for optimal solution by effectively organizing and presenting proposals to stakeholders.
· Develop and conduct Requests for Proposals (RFPs), solicit and obtain bids from contractor and vendors. Issues contracts and purchase orders after appropriate approvals.
· Oversee preparation and approve documents for bid, construction drawings, specifications, turnover packages, as-built drawings, and commissioning protocols.
· Develop project cost estimates and secures properly executed contract and purchase order agreements, insurance certificates, bonds and other documents as required to protect the interests of the Corporation.
· Develop project controls and monitor project budgets. Prepare, review and negotiate change orders. Issue change orders to contractors and others and prepare revisions to the project budget.
· Monitor or track the review and approval of RFIs and Submittals.
· Lead and actively participate in project planning, design, construction and closeout meetings. Provide written meeting minutes.
· Identify and resolve issues that may jeopardize project schedules or improve project time. Keep manager fully informed in a timely manner with regard to any and all potential problems on a project.
· Inspect construction and installation progress to ensure that the projects are constructed in accordance with the contract requirements and specifications within quality control parameters and the approved budget.
· Update project logs weekly, with any updates regarding scope, schedule, costs and action items.
· Routinely present project updates to management and stakeholders.
· Keep management fully informed in a timely manner with regard to any and all potential problems on a project.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to understand needs to design project and update on project progress.
· Lead programing activities with stakeholders related to assigned office or lab projects. Create lab utility matrix.
· Plan and coordinate assigned lab move activities in support of engineering capital and lifecycle projects.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
· 10+ years of project management experience required.
· BA or BS or; 5+ years of experience and a MS or MBA, Engineering background required.
· Experience in biopharmaceutical development, land development, office/lab planning, move coordination and small capital construction management required.
· Direct project management experience with office and lab renovations required.
· Experience in managing a portfolio of small projects required.
· Experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry involving cGMP required.
· Experience and training in reading construction drawings (Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Plumbing, Structural, Fire) and construction specifications.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills required.
· Effective in multitasking, managing time and prioritizing projects to meet established deadlines.
· Demonstrated knowledge and active use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Project).
· Knowledge of AutoCAD, Primavera P6 and Bluebeam a plus.